top of page


How do I know I'm choosing the right filing status for me?

Choosing the correct filing status for your tax return may seem simple, but it’s a small step that can help reduce your tax liability.  Unmarried taxpayers who pay more than half the cost of keeping up a home for their dependents may be able to use the Head of Household filing status which could result in a lower tax liability at year end.  

Can I deduct job search expenses?

Job search expenses, if looking for a job in your present line of work, may qualify as an itemized deduction on your tax return.  Contact our office for a list of what qualifies.

What type of credit can I get on my tax return if I donate to an Indiana college or university?

If you donated money or property to an Indiana college or university, you may be eligible for a credit on your Indiana return.  Keep this in mind, even if you don’t itemize on your Federal return!

I'm a college student and not sure of the credits or deductions I qualify for.

If you are a college student, you may be eligible to take advantage of credits and/or deductions geared towards higher education.  There’s also a deduction for student loan interest.  Give our office a call to discuss your specifics.

Tax Tips Volume 1

Tax Tips Volume 2

More Tax Tips

bottom of page